Thursday, March 24, 2011

o4; Thrift stores, and Free People.

So I tried to make this post yesterday, and essentially did, except something wrong went on with some html and the whole thing died on me. Managed to copy the coding into Notepad so I have all the links I need, it's just a matter of digging through the messy wall of coding to extract what I need. I have a feeling that remaking this post will take me a little bit of time...lets hope I don't give up. (But considering the fact that my very possessive cat has parked herself down in my lap and looks like she intends to hang out for a while, I won't be leaving the computer any time soon...)

Last night I was going to mention that I went thrift shopping on Tuesday and bought some great stuff. However, I don't have pictures yet and was hoping to do that today. Not sure if that's going to happen, but I suppose we'll see. It all depends if we can work it in today. (Kathryn's working hard on studying for a final exam tomorrow, see.) We'll see what happens.

In the meantime, I found this really cool store by accident online called Free People. Their prices are pretty steep for some things, but their jewelry prices aren't too horrible, and they do have a sale section. ♥ Some of their stuff is simply amazing. (It's both a blessing and a curse to find a shop with prices out of my range, because I can window shop without running the risk of spending my money, but I then also find stuff I absolutely love and face the painful knowledge of never having enough money. It's a love-hate relationship.)

Definitely worth checking out. Maybe it's a site worth hitting up when it's bonus or tax-return time, at least.

Some examples (photos are linked back to their respective pages):


$48; Perfect with a maxi dress, am I right?


$98


$88


$148; Oh my lord, I need a shirt like this in my life.


$108; Scrap that last bit, I need a shirt like this in my life!


$128; Makes me think of ABBA. ♥


$428; This bag is perfection.


$98


$138


$38


$28


$28


$28; For that price, I'm giving some serious thought to buying this in a couple of weeks or so.


$28


$38


$128; HELLO, RING OF MY DREAMS. WHY SO EXPENSIVE?


$28; Giving this some consideration as well. (Though I may just hit up ebay and see what else I can find in this style.)


$28



And that's not even considering the sale section, either. ♥

1 comment:

  1. Ooooh I'd really like some of these. Alas, money. But I am very tempted by that black and gold necklace you're thinking of getting, too.

    ReplyDelete